December 4, 2020
Residents, Families and Partners,
Since our update yesterday, we had a resident who was transported off-site for treatment, and we were informed that the resident has tested positive for COVID. The resident continues to receive care off-site. Should they return to our Community, they will be isolated and heightened infection control procedures will be used for any cares provided by our staff.
In light of this positive resident and previously positive employees, we are discontinuing all visitation and small group activities and we will be serving meals in room. We will follow local and state health department recommendations and CDC guidance.
We are also asking residents (and that families encourage residents) to:
- Refrain from leaving the Community during this surge in COVID cases in Nevada and the country in general (staff can assist in obtaining any needed items in the interim or connecting with friends/family online);
- Wear masks when outside of your room;
- Engage in frequent hand hygiene;
- Practice good social distancing when outside of your room; and
- Communicate any changes in how you feel as soon as possible.
We will notify residents’ primary physicians and designated family members of any changes in you or your loved one’s condition, whether potentially related to COVID-19 or not.
Please reach out with questions, concerns, or requests for assistance. We will keep you updated as additional information becomes available.
We will keep you updated as conditions develop.